At. St Mary’s we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of all our pupils, parents and staff. We understand that everyone experiences challenges in life that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional support in some way. We take the view that we all have a role to play in promoting positive mental health.
Useful Websites and Links
- Minds MatterSupporting people whose low mood and anxiety are primarily caused by social issues.
- NHS Stay Well – Mental Health Support for AdultsFind mental health support where you live
- NHS Stay Well – Mental Health Support for Children and Young PeopleFind mental health support for children and young people where you live
- Mentally Healthy Schoolswww.mentallyhealthyschools.org.uk
- Your Guide to CAMHS – YoungMindsyoungminds.org.uk
- Ourplace | Online Parenting Child Education Coursesinourplace.co.uk
- Tameside Council Support ServicesTameside Support and Guidance Including Citizens Advice, GP Access, Domestic Abuse, Groceries and Parent Resources
Apps for Wellbeing and Mental Health
- List of Wellbeing Apps for ChildrenInternet Org.Matters – Top Wellbeing Apps for Kids in 2020
- Stop Breathe and Think AppCheck in with how you’re feeling and try short activities tuned to your emotions
- Smiling Mind AppA great app with age specific mindfulness resources, including a new resource, ‘Thrive Inside’. Thrive Inside is a special program to help you stay psychologically healthy while you’re spending extended periods of time at home.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga and Mindfulness AppThis app often has a two week trial available
Families in Mind – a new service operated by Tameside, Oldham and Glossop MIND charity. Call 0161 330 9223
A new mental health and wellbeing service available to families to work through issues and problems.
Samaritans – Call 116 123 or email email@example.com (24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
If you need to talk to someone, the Samaritans can help- they offer emotional support and a listening ear 25 hours a day, 365 days a year. This is a freephone number that can even be called from a mobile that has no credit. Your call will not appear on the phone bill.
Childline – Call 0800 1111 (24 hours)
Comforts, advises and protects children 24 hours a day and offers free confidential counselling.
NSPCC Helpline – Call 0808 800 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure, contact our professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
CALM Helpline – Call 0800 58 58 58
Confidential support for men, 7 days a week, 5pm to midnight, free
Tameside Domestic Abuse Helpline – Call 0161 636 7525 10am to 4pm
Free, confidential, 24 hour helpline 0808 2000 247
Women’s Aid – Live Chat https://chat.womensaid.org.uk
Information and support for women experiencing domestic violence
Tameside Council Community Coronavirus Support
You can request help with deliveries of food and other essentials as well as support with loneliness and wellbeing. Call – 0161 342 8355
Citizens Advice Tameside
Providing advice on issues such as debt management and welfare benefits, housing, immigration and asylum, employment, consumer complaints and landlord-tenant disputes.
Due to increased demand for this service Citizens Advice advice people to use the website first.
Call – 0300 330 9076
Mosaic family Support – Call 01258 837071
Supporting bereaved children
Winston’s Wish – Call 08088 020021
Supports bereaved children, young people and their families