Admission to St. Mary’s RC Primary School.
Please follow the link for the Tameside online application form http://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions
For a place in Nursery please contact the school office for application details.
St. Mary’s is a voluntary aided school, as such we do ask for additional information to support your application including birth certificate and baptismal certificates as well as proof of address.
An application can be made for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made to the school by completing the in-year admissions application form and returning it to https://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions#_how_to_apply_3
Where there are places available, but more applications than places, the published over subscription criteria is set out below will apply:
- Baptised Catholic Looked After Children and Baptised Catholic previously Looked After Children.
- Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling at the time of admission.
- Baptised Catholic children resident in the parishes of St. Mary and St. John Fisher and Holy Family (which falls within the Tameside Metropolitan Borough).
- Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
- Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Other Baptised Catholic Children
- All remaining applicants
Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application. If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt. You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful. Admissions appeals are managed by Tameside LA and further information can be here https://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions
If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions, please contact the school. You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with Tameside LA https://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions
Admission Policies for Nursery and Reception:
School Appeals: If you wish to make an appeal regarding school admissions, please contact Tameside LA. The deadline for appealing a decision for entry September 2024 must be lodged by 15th May 2024.